- Failure to acknowledge source references for images and written information is refered to as plagiarism.
- SDC Online doesn't condone stealing or blatant copying of the ideas, images or thoughts of others.
- Please follow the ffg guidelines as to how to write a proper Bibliography, as this is often requested by Tutors for essays or even research.
- If any of your material is based heavily on a published work, in the form of a book, periodical, journal, website etc, you need to include it in your Bibliography.
- For the our purposes we will use a combination of the Harvard and Running Notes Method
Formats for Bibliography
Author. Year of Publication. Title. Edition. Publication: Publisher.
Goldman, B. 1972. Reading and writing in the arts: a handbook. Detroit: Wayne State University Press.
Author. Year of Publication. Title of article. Title of Publication Volume Number: (Issue Number ) Month/ Season: Page Numbers.
Perry, AD. 1990. Photography and postmodern thought. Art & Design 22: (3) February: 32-36.
Author. Year. Title. Website address(Start with the words “Available at”). Date of access.
When author is known
Weddington, G. 2002. Challenge in South Africa. Available at www.professional.asha.org/news (accessed on 23/7/2003).
When author is unknown
www.professional.asha.org/news (accessed on 23/7/2003).