Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Student Views on E Learning with SDC Online

"I have always wanted to study, but working full time restricts the amount of time you have to put into studies as well as where and what you can study. I searched the internet, and found countless universities and colleges that offer the Fashion Design course, but it was hard to find a college that offered it part – time.

Luckily, I came across Style Design College, which offers the Fashion Design Diploma via correspondence – I then applied immediately.

Within a matter of hours after enquiring about Style Design College Online, I was a registered student, and my modules had been uploaded.

The modules are easy to understand, and explains all assignments perfectly. I didn’t have any previous experience in art or sewing, but after working through the modules, with a lot of helpful pictures and illustrations, I was able to complete the assignments.

Marking of assignments doesn’t take long either, but what I find most helpful is the extensive feedback that I receive after handing in assignments. The tutors compliment my efforts, but also give constructive criticism which helps me to excel in my work.

The SDC Online website is extremely user friendly and whenever I ask questions, I always receive a quick and helpful response from the tutors.

Studying via correspondence can make you feel that you are isolated, but with so many social platforms that SDC Online provides, like a Facebook page, Twitter Page and blogs, it really helps to make you feel a part of Style Design College.

I would really recommend SDC Online for anyone out there looking to study via correspondence, as SDC Online provides the perfect support system for a student that does not have the luxury of having a tutor."

Thanks and regards
Janine Turner (SDC Online Fashion Student 2011)
Servicing the needs of many students, working at different levels of various courses, is not an easy undertaking. Many existing distance colleges have very poor feedback mechanisms in place and don't often offer the student a personalised experience. Often help lines that aren't manned or emails that end up an abyss of student queries are the reality for many correspondence learners.
This leads the the perception that distance learning is problematic or somehow inferior to attending full time lectures. On the contrary distance or web based training has been growing in popularity since the 1970's in the US. Many developments in technology and faster Internet speeds have contributed positively to this educational medium world wide. E Learning meets the demand for efficient training packages for individuals needing skills or qualifications while working. In some cases the geographic location of some students makes conevntional study impossible, so why not transcend borders and study at a college anywhere in the world . E Learning makes this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment